The future is now and technology is taking over every aspect of our living. Technology has made work easier and life better. The coming of technology has opened room for jobs for those who are skilled.
A lot of people on the other hand are losing jobs as technology is now been used to carry out the work human beings are supposed to do. This brings us to the topic, technology skills for the future.
In the coming year, jobs will be created and some jobs will be eradicated. Here are some of the top technology skills for the future.
1. Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines. Artificial Intelligence programming focuses on three cognitive skills: learning, reasoning, and self-correction. AI is when computer machines are used to carry out tasks like humans.
2. Machine Learning. Machine Learning is a branch of artificial intelligence that focuses on building systems that improve performance based on data. Machine Learning is used to build intelligent conversations like chatbots.
3. Data science and analytics. Data science deals with preparing data for analysis. Data science uses systems to extract knowledge data and uses it for research and reporting purposes to develop insight and meaning out of the data. Data analysis is the process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data to discover useful information for business decisions making. (Wikipedia). These are in-demand tech skills. Lots of companies are data analytics to fasten their decision-making.
4. Cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is the use of technology to defend and protect computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems from malicious attacks. There is a need for these skills as there is an in users of devices and programs combined with the increase in the number of data that needs to be kept private in organizations. The number of cyber attackers keeps growing and they kept on finding ways to attack and break into individual and company data.
5. UI/UX design. UI is User Interface while UX refers to user experience design, both elements are crucial to a product and work closely together. They perform different roles. The demand for these skills has increased after the pandemic and it’s projected to increase in the nearest future.
6. Cloud Computing. More companies are switching from classical server to cloud-based this has brought about the rise in the need for this skill. Amazon web services are one of these cloud platforms. Cloud computing refers to the delivery of IT resources over the Internet. Cloud computing is fast growing and it’s highly promising. It is an advanced way of storing data.
7. Robotics. A robotic engineer can specialize in software or hardware. Robotics involves the design, construction, operation, and use of robots. Robotics is the intersection of science, engineering, and technology. Robotics can be applied in security, space exploration, agriculture, health care, underwater exploration, food preparation to mention but a few. The need for this skill is going to be great in the coming future.
8. Blockchain. A blockchain is a digital ledger that facilitates the process of transactions and tracking assets in a business network. Blockchain was originally devised for the digital currency Bitcoin but it has evolved. Some other potential uses are now being discovered. More company needs developers who understand blockchain. Thinking of skills for the future? Consider blockchain.
9. Mobile Development. About 3.8 billion people uses smartphones in the world and an average person uses 9 mobile apps per day. This number increased daily, this states that the need for mobile app developers is going to increase. Individuals and companies want to stay relevant, they not only need website buy also mobile applications. As a mobile app developer, you can build an app for others and also build your app selling or to others.
10. Product Management. Product Management is about making a product the best it can be. Product can be software, app, or physical product. Product Management focuses on bringing new products to the market. It works with other departments in the company to plan and make sure the product best meets it’s financial and strategic goals.